Wednesday, 30 December 2009
Well, I had two in mind:-
1) Well, I couldn't actually come up with ONE word for this, but it's to TAKE CARE OF MYSELF! This may sound a bit selfish, but I was diagnosed with a condition about 5 years ago for which I have to take medication - and have regular blood tests. Let's just say I'm very good at forgetting both :(
2) OK - this is the ONE WORD I came up with. ORGANISATION!!!! I'm going to focus on turning my pig-sty into a home where I can happily invite family and friends over for coffee, without needing a months advance notice LOL.
So - there you have it. I'm publically committing to get my life organised - guess that encompasses both my goals :)
Wish me luck LOL
To be in with a chance of winning a kit to make your own, just visit the Life And Times Of A 12x12 Addict blog, comment on the post, follow her blog and then let others know.
Fingers are now FIRMLY crossed - don't hang about though - you've only got till midnight tonight!
Monday, 21 December 2009
So, what better place to set out the new things I'd like to learn than on here! That way, I can't lose it (you'd be amazed at the number of lists I have floating round on scraps of paper!) and it will be a constant reminder - so if we get to June and I haven't done any of them, please feel free to kick me up the bum!
So, for starters:-
- I'd like to learn how to use my DSLR camera properly - at the moment, pretty much everything is taken on the AUTO mode.
- I'd like to learn more about Altered Art. I see lots of lovely projects on the forums, but whenever I've tried something it looks like a 5 year old has been let loose with the paper and glue!
- I'd like to learn Leather Work - especially leather carving. I saw some on American Chopper the other night and it looked FANTASTIC.
I'm sure I'll be adding to the list as time goes on. I think it's about time I spent some quality time with myself :D
Watch this space!
Wednesday, 16 December 2009
One of the challenges was to pick a book from a list and read it, then give a review. It gives links to various Top 100 lists, and there is one for Mystery Novels. That got me thinking.
One of my resolutions for 2010 is to have more quality ME TIME! So, I've printed off The 100 Best Mystery Novels of All Time and plan to read through them ALL! OK, I'm never going to finish that in one year, but I can give it a flippin good try ........ and what I haven't read I can do in 2011 :)
Tuesday, 15 December 2009
Tonight we've got a Christmas Party for the Jesus Kids, our church youth group for 5-7 year olds. James is SO excited, and can't wait. There'll be lots of pass the parcel, musical chairs etc, and of course - FOOD! Will also be a great photo opportunity (will have to blur the kids' faces for on here though), with the resulting layout being a perfect addition to my Faith Album.
We're also on day 15 of the Advent Swap on FaithScrappers UK - I'm so far behind with posting my goodies, so I guess now would be a good time to catch up. So, in no particular order (as I can't remember which days I opened which of my wonderful goodies!) here is the list so far:-
- Paper Nations stamp with matching Peel-offs
- Stencil with various Christmas images
- Green & Blacks Chocolate Bar (now gone LOL)
- Flowers, Mesh Strip & 2 Blingy Flowers
- Some gorgeous seasonal stickers from CM with co-ordinating ribbon
- Notebook & pencil
- Some Paper Nations Decoupage Sheets
- Assorted Puffy Stickers
- A finger of fudge
- Metal Christmassy Charms
- 4 lovely wooden cats
- Pack of Christmassy stickers
- A little box of After Eight Mints - yummmmm!
- A pack of gorgeous 6x6" Papers
- 2 sheets of Christmassy Chipboard Toppers
I love this swap, as I get to open a gorgeous little parcel of stash every day when the boys do their Advent Calenders, and the occasional choccy gift just adds to the experience :)
I've FINALLY got round to printing off my Blogging For Scrapbookers Year Of Blogging prompts - all 23 pages of them! There is a different idea for every day of the year, so with a little luck and a bit of me time, I will have no excuse not to add a post to my blog each day. I also received my annual copy of Staal News (our friends in Australia put together a newsletter to let all their family and friends know what has been happening in the Staal household), and it got me thinking. We've now got family and friends scattered all over the world, and many of them would not be interested in updates about my crafting (plus there are some bits which I wouldn't want to post for the whole world to see), so I've registered a free website to use to keep everyone up to date on the Maynard Mutterings! Looks like I'll be a VERY busy bunny in 2010 :)
Right - time to finish my Christmas Cards! I'll post a piccy of them later!
Wednesday, 2 December 2009
As you'll have seen, the Thanksgiving posts lasted all of 2 days LOL - and the blog hasn't been much better. Had a really bad few weeks, and didn't even want to get out of bed, let alone write my blog. But, thankfully things are improving (apart from a sore arm as the result of my flu jab this afternoon), so I'M BACK!
I'm part of the Advent Swap on FaithScrappers UK, and so far have opened to little pressies from my Secret Sister:-
- On the first day of Advent my SS sent to me ...... a lovely Paper Nations Stamp and sheet of matching Peel Off Stickers.
- On the second day of Advent my SS sent to me ...... a Christmas themed Embossing Stencil which will be perfect for my last minute Christmas Cards.
More to follow tomorrow, so watch this space :)