Tuesday 15 December 2009

It's nearly CHRISTMAS!

Had a great day shopping with Mum yesterday - got nearly all the pressies now, and there's still 9 days to go! Unheard of for me LOL.

Tonight we've got a Christmas Party for the Jesus Kids, our church youth group for 5-7 year olds. James is SO excited, and can't wait. There'll be lots of pass the parcel, musical chairs etc, and of course - FOOD! Will also be a great photo opportunity (will have to blur the kids' faces for on here though), with the resulting layout being a perfect addition to my Faith Album.

We're also on day 15 of the Advent Swap on FaithScrappers UK - I'm so far behind with posting my goodies, so I guess now would be a good time to catch up. So, in no particular order (as I can't remember which days I opened which of my wonderful goodies!) here is the list so far:-

  • Paper Nations stamp with matching Peel-offs
  • Stencil with various Christmas images
  • Green & Blacks Chocolate Bar (now gone LOL)
  • Flowers, Mesh Strip & 2 Blingy Flowers
  • Some gorgeous seasonal stickers from CM with co-ordinating ribbon
  • Notebook & pencil
  • Some Paper Nations Decoupage Sheets
  • Assorted Puffy Stickers
  • A finger of fudge
  • Metal Christmassy Charms
  • 4 lovely wooden cats
  • Pack of Christmassy stickers
  • A little box of After Eight Mints - yummmmm!
  • A pack of gorgeous 6x6" Papers
  • 2 sheets of Christmassy Chipboard Toppers

I love this swap, as I get to open a gorgeous little parcel of stash every day when the boys do their Advent Calenders, and the occasional choccy gift just adds to the experience :)

I've FINALLY got round to printing off my Blogging For Scrapbookers Year Of Blogging prompts - all 23 pages of them! There is a different idea for every day of the year, so with a little luck and a bit of me time, I will have no excuse not to add a post to my blog each day. I also received my annual copy of Staal News (our friends in Australia put together a newsletter to let all their family and friends know what has been happening in the Staal household), and it got me thinking. We've now got family and friends scattered all over the world, and many of them would not be interested in updates about my crafting (plus there are some bits which I wouldn't want to post for the whole world to see), so I've registered a free website to use to keep everyone up to date on the Maynard Mutterings! Looks like I'll be a VERY busy bunny in 2010 :)

Right - time to finish my Christmas Cards! I'll post a piccy of them later!



1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Hi Babs, thanks for visiting my blog. Unfortunately my daughter did notice that I wasn't there when she received her award, but she is an understanding child and when I explained she was OK with it.

I am very impressed that you have finished your Christmas shopping. I am hoping to be done with mine by Sunday afternoon... fingers crossed, then it is just wrapping, posting and placing under the tree, phew then I will be able to relax.

Joc from Words and Pictures via Shimelle's class :D