Wednesday 28 December 2011

I've Discovered Picnik

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded Picasa 3 to my netbook, so I could try and organise my ever growing collection of photographs. As I only have PSE on disc, and no disc drive on the netbook, I've not been able to install that yet, so thought I'd give the Picasa editing feature a go. But, I couldn't find any way to layer photos.

I found an article by Shimelle (via the Blogging For Scrappers class I took in 2009) about various online editing suites, and one of those was Picnik. So I decided, as that was linked to Picasa, to give it a try - paid for the premium membership for a year, and had a play with the photo overlays for Project 365.

I'm quite pleased with what I produced (ok, so it's not that difficult really, but when you're as technically challenged as I am, it can take a bit of playing to master) - I just need to find a way to separate the date stamps as all the numbers for the relevant month are on one sheet. But as it's now 1.20am, I may leave that till the morning!

So, here is my first layered photo via Picnik!

 
Posted by Picasa


No comments: